How to prepare your home for professional photography.
Before someone considers viewing your property they will almost certainly have viewed pictures of your home.
This is why it’s vital to get the most out of having professional property photography of your home. Good preparation not only improves the quality of the images, it also means your home is prepared for viewings too.
Below is a list of things to consider when preparing your property for photography.
- Check all the lamps & lightbulbs in the main rooms.
- Clear any clutter from work surfaces, tables, floors etc.
- Hide & tidy cables that are showing as much as possible.
- Clear away toys and tidy up play rooms and kids bedrooms.
- Hide all bins.
- Hide pet beds, bowls & toys.
- Plump up cushions on sofas and straighten up chairs
- Clear fireplaces of unnecessary objects like papers, fireguards & greeting cards etc
- Remove magazines and books and device remotes
- Tidy DVDs CDs and Books etc on shelves
- Clear notice boards and fridge magnets
- Hide cleaning products, drainers and objects on top of cupboards
- Remove towels and oven gloves
- Make beds and plump up pillows
- De-clutter bedside tables, dressing tables and other surfaces
- Hide or remove items under beds and on top of wardrobes
- Remove towels and bath mats unless they match the rooms styling and are well presented
- Remove personal hygiene products eg shower gels, toothbrushes and shaving products etc
- Remove cleaning products eg toilet cleaners, toilet brushes and wet wipes
- Remove garments from the back of doors
- Remove kids bath toys
- Move all cars off the driveway.
- Sweep or clean the drive if you think it needs it.
- Remove rotary washing line, toys, tools, hoses etc.
- Hide bins and boxes.
- Clean the patio, decking and pool.
- If it’s not a windy day put the parasol up.